| | | | | | | | |
- Adopters must be 18 years of age or older. All adults in the home must be in agreement on the adoption of a beagle, and are required to be present during the home visit.
- Beagles will be given regular and routine vet care, proper nourishment/water and be kept in a clean, healthy and stimulating environment.
- All beagles will be spayed or neutered. Puppies must be spayed/neutered by 6 months of age, B.O.N.E.S. requires proof of sterilization and reserves the right to remove a dog from a home if this policy is not followed.
- Beagles can not be adopted as gifts or as the sole responsibility of a child. No dog adopted through B.O.N.E.S. can be given away or sold; they must be returned to B.O.N.E.S.
- Beagles less than 12 months of age will not be adopted to families that have children under the age of 4. All applicants with young children will be looked at on a case-by-case basis. Applications from families with no previous dog experience, whose homes have no fencing, and who have children under the age of 7, will be declined. Dogs adopted to families with young children must be known to be "child friendly" and should not have a history of "guarding" behaviors whether with regard to space, food, or possessions.
- Currently owned pets must be up to date on all vaccines. We recommend that resident dogs and cats be spayed or neutered. For information, please visit our spay and neuter information page.
- Adopter agrees to pay the adoption fee and sign the adoption contract required by B.O.N.E.S. the day of adoption.